Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Shadowmakers Are Coming! The Shadowmakers Are Coming!


So, after posting about my efforts at writing, I am actually going to post about the writing itself!


The Shadowmakers is a planned epic series following the fantasy kingdom of Ashethea--a land under the reign of a cruel tyrannical queen-- and the key characters involved in the struggle to overthrow said evil queen. I originally hoped for the series to consist of seven books, but we'll see. However long it takes to tell the full story--keyword being long.

I began writing it for my friend and editor (she's a pretty fantastic one too, I might add) whose favorite word happens to be "intrigue". Thus, this series contains quite a bit of intrigue, plenty of plot twists, and a plethora of engaging characters.

Want to know what happens when two children hire a guide who is really an assassin out to kill them? Check out the series! (When it's available...) Do you like plots that take completely different directions than what you initially thought, evoking gasps of surprise and few very-Darth-Vader-like "Nooooo"s? Check out the series! (When it's available...) Want to follow the adventures of an adventurous aspiring-hero boy, an unwanted runaway girl, a sarcastic dragon, an unnervingly calm teen, a mysterious quirky young man, and a talkative pudgy bird? Check out the series! (When it's available...)

So, OK, there's my spiel, my attempt to sell the series. In the opinion of my worst critic (Me!) it's just an OK attempt by a mediocre author. But my friends tell me it's pretty good, and I do have people shaking their heads at me because they aren't able to buy it yet. (which is entirely my fault due to how long it's taking me to finish book one.) Nothing inflates your confidence like thinking your book is a hopeless case, telling your friend about how you're feeling, and then getting that look--you know, the slight head tilt, the one narrow eye while the other eye twitches slightly--and hearing, "Yeah, whatever, your book's good. Wanna play a game?"

In any case, the story is pretty cool, and I'm doing my best to tell it right. I'll keep everyone updated every now and then on the progress of book one, which has a loose release date of Fall 2014. (I'm wincing at the reactions I just know I'll be getting from my friends on that one. I've been at this since 2011. 2011, people!) Sorry about the long wait for those interested. In the meantime, check back here for updates and news, and read all the better books out there. Happy reading until the Shadowmakers arrive!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment